Information Sessions and Workshops
Kidsafe WA offers a wide variety of parent and carer education sessions and professional workshops on child injury prevention. To enquire about any of Kidsafe WA’s workshops click make an online enquiry.
Home safety workshops currently offered by Kidsafe WA:
- Keeping Kids Safe –provides a practical overview of child safety and is a good option for groups wanting to focus on more than one child injury prevention topic. This workshop covers topics relating to safety at home, during play and on the road. It is an interactive presentation and provides practical steps on how to reduce the risk of injuries such as strangulation, poisoning, falls, burns, child car restraints and driveway safety, also covering relevant basic first aid. Runs for approximately 45 minutes.Sessions can be tailored to your group’s specific needs if required (e.g. shorter workshop length, specific injury focus), please let us know your requirements when booking. Click here for more information.
- Baby Safety Seminars – these sessions provide expectant parents with information on safety considerations when preparing for your baby’s arrival, including setting the home up and transporting baby safely. Sessions are conducted at Kidsafe WA once a month for expectant parents. Click here for more information.
- Farm Safety Workshop - provides an overview of the most common causes of farm injuries in children and methods to reduce the risk of these injuries. Runs for approximately 30 minutes.
- Regional Child Safety Forums – Kidsafe WA conduct regional workshops focusing on child injury prevention at home,
on the road, around water, during play and on the farm. Kidsafe WA is funded by the WA Department of Health to provide services
in each region of WA every year and have scheduled months to consistently visit each region.
2019 Kidsafe WA Regional Visits:
- Wheatbelt – February
- South West - April
- Goldfields-Esperance - May
- Kimberley - May
- Midwest - September
- Pilbara - November
The workshops covered will include Keeping Kids Safe and Professional Development, along with other services offered which may incur a fee. If you would like to be notified when we are visiting your region contact us.