The Consumer Protection Awards provide an opportunity to recognise individuals and groups who help communities understand and have better access to consumer protection in everyday situations. Contributions that continue to expand consumer protection in Western Australia can present in many ways including:
- Raising awareness of consumer rights;
- Championing the cause of disadvantaged or vulnerable consumers;
- Improving complaints handling, mediation, or dispute resolution processes;
- Contributing to injury prevention for children, such as working in the interests of the safe use of products;
- Helping consumers with tenancy matters, scam prevention, debt management, or understanding contracts;
- Undertaking relevant research;
- Making a significant contribution to policy formulation; and
- Developing outstanding promotion and education programs on consumer protection issues.
Each year, the Kidsafe WA award is given to an individual, local government authority, non-government organisation, business, or group of individuals of the community that have made significant contributions to childhood injury prevention. It recognises the efforts of those who contribute to raising awareness of specific product hazards, designing new products that improve consumer safety, and developing or delivering initiatives that raise community awareness of childhood injury prevention.
Nominations for the 2022 Awards are now open!
Do you know someone who falls into this category? To vote now click here.
Nominations must be in before 11.59 pm Friday 29 October 2021 (AWST)