Kidsafe WA recognises that your privacy is very important to you and that you have a right to control your personal information. We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
What personal information do we gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience with us.
We record the following information
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our site and apps, and communicating with you.
- Other information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” to track your purchases and when you are logged onto our site. If cookies are switched off, you cannot purchase from this site or log in for special members’ pricing or offers.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Google Analytics: This website uses Google Analytics tracking code to understand how you use the internet and Kidsafe WA’s website. This code collects information (such as age, gender and interests) to understand the type of information and activity you may choose to participate in when engaging with Kidsafe WA’s website content, social networks, eNews and other services. This information helps us to provide a better service, ensure content is relevant and improve how and when.
What about cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your shopping cart and logging in or out of the website.
Kidsafe WA and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party “cookies” (such as Google Analytics cookies) to retrieve statistics on how our visitors use the Kidsafe WA website, social media, newsletter subscriptions and other internet services provided, how long you are on those channels, how you entered the channel etc. Google Analytics cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about your visits to the website. They do, however, collect other non-personal information, including your IP address which is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. This information will help us understand and better meet our audience’s needs.
The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of our features, and we thus recommend that you leave them turned on.
Do we share the information we receive?
We will not collect any personal information about you except when you knowingly provide it. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust, and we take this seriously. Under no circumstances will your personal information be used for any other purpose than intended. We will not supply or sell these details to any third party whatsoever, with the following exceptions.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses and assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if we sell our business, customer information will, of course, be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of our business and others: We may release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction and supplying of information to Law Enforcement agencies.
How secure is information about me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts sensitive financial information you input during the ordering process.
Kidsafe WA will not merge personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected via Google Analytics tracking code without your consent.
We generally do not sell products for purchase by children, as we require credit card details, a cheque or money order, or an account. If you are under 18, you may use our site, but we reserve the right not to accept your order if we believe that to sell to you is against the law, you do not have legitimate authority to authorise a purchase, you do not have the means to purchase or pay, that our products may be used inappropriately, or our products could cause harm.
What choices do I have?
You can always choose not to provide information by not completing web forms and turning your cookies off. However, you cannot purchase on this site while cookies are switched off.
You can opt out of Google Analytics Advertising features using the Ads Settings and/or the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. Please note that if you opt out, you may not be able to utilise the full functionality of this website. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you in the manner and for the purposes set out above.